Here are a few good ones from some people who replied to my earlier post seeking Spotify nutrition. Keep sending more if you have them/see them—I’m really just scratching the surface of the surface here. Spotify is sort of bad at facilitating searches for these things!
- The Quietus has a lot of playlists, including their best of 2011! Click here for tons more.
- Tyler Wilcox hit me up with a great “important live recordings (rock)" mix, as well as a "Duke Ellington in the Seventies" (!) mix.
- Tyler also shouted out this rad “Lady Punk Mondays" mix, via Emily Ryan Lerner.
- There’s a “Stevie Nicks for Beginners" mix from girlboymusic.
- Six days of Penguin-vetted jazz from Rob Mitchum.
- Maura's list of 2011 awesomeness and “the best songs ever volume one" (an idea I totally stole)
- Michaela makes a Joni mix.
- My bro Michael Hodges (ex-Bloomingtonian, current Commodore bartender and musical aspirant as Pop Zeus) makes a swell (power)pop mix.
- Pop expert David Cooper Moore lists his favorite albums from 2011.
- Of course there’s Matthew’s Fluxblog Survey Mix, too.
- Musical theater expert David Levy has a curated list of the best of Stephen Sondheim!
- Oh and me? I’ve got some stuff up there too.